Meet the Staff at Mid-West Catching Academy
CJ, MWCA Founder/ Instructor, has an extensive background in baseball with a clear passion for developing athletes especially in the areas of catching.
During and since CJ’s career, he has been involved in developing and working with youth, high school & professional players. He has many contacts even now with pro coaches and teams.
CJ has had numerous players he has worked with end up receiving college scholarships and some being drafted playing professional baseball as well.
Along with CJ’s pedigree he holds a bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology with a minor in Psychology, Certified Personal Training Experience and has attended and trained with Eric Cressey of Cressey Performance.
- Played for Broken Arrow & Owasso HS in HS career
- Graduated 00 from Owasso HS…
- During HS attained 2nd Team All-American by Baseball Factory now known as UA Baseball Factory. After HS Signed and Played @ Seminole St. Jr. College
- 02 Received JUCO’S 1st Team All-American Honor as Catcher & Defensive Player of Year
- 02 Received Seminoles Offensive Silver Slugger Award
- Committed and Signed to University of Alabama
- 02 Drafted by Chicago Cubs
- CJ played 6 minor league seasons reaching AAA between the Chicago Cubs & Milwaukee Brewers Organization.
Kyle, MWCA Instructor, has a clear defined amazing passion for this game and development of our youth.
Since his career, Kyle has instructed baseball to over 500 youth in 1 on 1 private instruction and team camps.
Kyle has helped numerous athletes develop certain parts of their game, that ultimately helped propel their careers on to college and professional levels.
- 99 Oklahoma All State
- 99 drafted from Coweta High School by Baltimore Orioles…
- 00 All American at Connors St
- 00 drafted by Atlanta Braves
- 01 All American and NJCAA Defensive player of the year as a catcher
- 01 signed with Atlanta Braves
- 01-04 played up to AA in Braves minor league system.
- 04-Present has developed athletes in 1 on 1 private instruction and team camps.
Private Lessons –
Learn valuable baseball skills from a former Oklahoma Sooners and St. Louis Cardinals left-handed pitcher!
If you’re interested in scheduling pitching or hitting lessons, please contact email@example.com
Team and Group Clinics –
Jacob will be offering group clinics that will focus on the mental game of baseball, as well as hitting and pitching.
If you have a team or individual and are interested in setting up a clinic, email firstname.lastname@example.org for scheduling and pricing.