Meet the Staff at Mid-West Catching Academy
CJ, MWCA Founder/ Instructor, has an extensive background in baseball with a clear passion for developing athletes especially in the areas of catching.
During and since CJ’s career, he has been involved in developing and working with youth, high school & professional players. He has many contacts even now with pro coaches and teams.
CJ has had numerous players he has worked with end up receiving college scholarships and some being drafted playing professional baseball as well.
Along with CJ’s pedigree he holds a bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology with a minor in Psychology, Certified Personal Training Experience and has attended and trained with Eric Cressey of Cressey Performance.
- Played for Broken Arrow & Owasso HS in HS career
- Graduated 00 from Owasso HS…
- During HS attained 2nd Team All-American by Baseball Factory now known as UA Baseball Factory. After HS Signed and Played @ Seminole St. Jr. College
- 02 Received JUCO’S 1st Team All-American Honor as Catcher & Defensive Player of Year
- 02 Received Seminoles Offensive Silver Slugger Award
- Committed and Signed to University of Alabama
- 02 Drafted by Chicago Cubs
- CJ played 6 minor league seasons reaching AAA between the Chicago Cubs & Milwaukee Brewers Organization.
Kyle, MWCA Instructor, has a clear defined amazing passion for this game and development of our youth.
Since his career, Kyle has instructed baseball to over 500 youth in 1 on 1 private instruction and team camps.
Kyle has helped numerous athletes develop certain parts of their game, that ultimately helped propel their careers on to college and professional levels.
- 99 Oklahoma All State
- 99 drafted from Coweta High School by Baltimore Orioles…
- 00 All American at Connors St
- 00 drafted by Atlanta Braves
- 01 All American and NJCAA Defensive player of the year as a catcher
- 01 signed with Atlanta Braves
- 01-04 played up to AA in Braves minor league system.
- 04-Present has developed athletes in 1 on 1 private instruction and team camps.
Sean is the High-Performance Director and Strength and Conditioning coach at M.A.T.S. high-performance training center & Mid-West Catching Academy. As a vastly sought- after strength and conditioning coach around the Tulsa area, Sean has expanded over his 8-year career. He works with healthy and recently injured athletes to optimize their athletic ability, and/or return them to competition as safely and efficiently as possible. He has years of experience working with youth, high school, division 1, professional and Olympic athletes. With over 25 certifications obtained under the NCCA (National Commission for Certifying Agencies) over the years, he continues to be inspired to learn more from other professionals and researches/practices the most up to date exercise science. As a result, his training style is a broad discipline of not just “strength training”, but Dynamic Neuromuscular Retraining, Postural Restoration, Functional Movement and position/end range efficiency all under the individuals biological/physiological makeup. In addition to traveling to other facilities to train, his work locally with the Tulsa Oilers and his training at M.A.T.S., he has created programs to help closely train with your athlete to improve their performance (no matter what age, sport, position
“The moment you think you know everything, that is the moment you lose everything there is to know.” – Sean
National Federation of Personal Trainers
National Council of Certified Personal Trainers
International Sports Science Association
Postural Restoration Institute
Functional Range Conditioning
National Strength and Conditioning Association
National Academy of Sports Medicine
American College of Sports Medicine
American Counsel of Exercise
United States of American Weightlifting
Functional Movement Systems